Working Career is owned by Diana Dawson. Diana is an Accredited Master Coach with the Association of Coaching, specialising in Executive and Career Coaching. She is a qualified Career Counsellor and Business Psychologist and has been coaching for over nineteen years. Over the years, Diana has worked with hundreds of people to achieve their individual and career goals.
Diana proves one to one career coaching and career counselling for professional adults. She supports people to navigate career change, career transitions, interview coaching and career management. Therefore, she is passionate about people and their careers and optimising talent.
For organisations, Diana also provides one to one career coaching, executive career coaching and career workshops. Workshops offered include career management and development. Additionally, she has trained internal coaches to be internal career coaches. Organisational work has been with companies such as Glaxo Smith Kline, BBC, City of Edinburgh Council, Edinburgh University, RBS, BP, The Scottish Government, NHS and Deloitte.
Before setting up Working Career in 2002, Diana had roles in various organisations including the Boots Company. This included Supply Chain Management, Product and Marketing Management. She also worked in recruitment for five years.
Diana has an MA in Psychology, an MSc in Career Counselling and Management and an MSc in Occupational Psychology.
Other qualifications include:
- Accredited Master Coach with the Association of Coaching
- Certificate in Coaching Psychology
- Certificate in Neuroscience for Coaches
- Advanced Practitioner in Conversational Intelligence (C-IQ)
- Level A and B in psychometric assessment
- Level 2 in Mental Awareness
She is a Member of The British Psychological Society, The Association of Coaching and The Institute of Career Development.
She enjoys sport, including open water and indoor swimming, skiing, cycling and horse riding. Motivated by challenges, she has swum the English Channel and Loch Ness in a team of four. She owns a beautiful horse called Tommy.
Qualifications and Memberships
- Certificate in Coaching Psychology, Centre of Coaching, London
- MSc in Occupational Psychology from The University of Strathclyde and Glasgow Caledonian University
- MSc in Career Counselling and Management from Birkbeck College, University of London
- MA in Psychology from the University of Aberdeen
- Member of the British Psychological Association
- Member of The Association of Coaching
- Level A and B qualified in psychometric testing and is additionally qualified to use the following psychometrics : MBTI Step I and Step II- Myers-Briggs Type Indicator including individual coaching and teamwork, OPQ32 , The Highlands Ability Battery , Realise 2 Strengths Finder, MTQ 48 (Mental Toughness Questionnaire), Wave Personality Questionnaire
- Diana recently completed a course in Neuroscience for Coaches through the Association of Coaching.
We have worked with clients from different backgrounds and sectors including:
- Alliance Boots
- Audit Scotland
- BAE Systems
- Barclays Bank
- Black Rock
- Cairn Energy
- Citi Group
- City of Edinburgh Council
- Deloitte UK
- Edinburgh Napier University
- Edinburgh University
- Franklin Templeton
- Glasgow Caledonian University
- Harvey Nichols
- Heineken UK
- HM Forces
- Lloyds Banking
- Morton Fraser
- Scottish Government
- Scottish Widows
- Standard Life
- State Street
- Tesco Bank