Executive and Career Coach
– Diana Dawson
Working Career is owned and run by Diana Dawson. Diana is a qualified Executive and Career Coach, Career Counsellor and Psychologist and she has been coaching for over fifteen years. Diana has worked with hundreds of people to achieve their individual and career goals.
Providing one to one career coaching and career counselling for adults, Diana works with people from a variety of different backgrounds and experiences. This including the public and private sector. She is passionate about people and their careers and helping to optimise their talent.
For organisations, Diana also provides one to one career coaching, executive career coaching and career workshops. Workshops offered include Career Management and Development, Team Building and Leadership workshops. She has also coached internal coaches to be internal career coaches. Organisational work has been with companies such as Glaxo Smith Kline, BBC, City of Edinburgh Council, Edinburgh University, RBS, BP, The Scottish Government and Deloitte.
Before setting up Working Career in 2002, Diana had roles in various organisations including the Boots Company. Here she had roles in Supply Chain Management, Product and Marketing Management. She also worked in recruitment for five years.
Diana has a MA in Psychology, a MSc in Career Counselling and Management and a MSc in Occupational Psychology. She is Level A and B qualified in psychometric assessment. In her Career Programmes she uses The Highlands Ability Battery and Myers Briggs Personality Type Indicator. Qualifications also include a Certificate in Coaching Psychology. She is a Member of The British Psychological Society and the Association of Coaching. She has also studied Neuroscience for Coaches with The Association of Coaches. Diana is passionate about ongoing learning!
She enjoys sport, including open water and indoor swimming, skiing, cycling and horse riding. Motivated by challenges, she swam the channel in a team of four in 2014. In July 2017, she swam the length of Loch Ness with the same team of 4. This was in 9-11 degrees air and water temperature and took 18 hours 44 minutes. One of Diana’s strengths is resilience although others might call it something else!
Qualifications and Memberships
- Certificate in Coaching Psychology, Centre of Coaching, London
- MSc in Occupational Psychology from The University of Strathclyde and Glasgow Caledonian University
- MSc in Career Counselling and Management from Birkbeck College, University of London
- MA in Psychology from the University of Aberdeen
- Member of the British Psychological Association
- Member of The Association of Coaching
- Level A and B qualified in psychometric testing and is additionally qualified to use the following psychometrics : MBTI Step I and Step II- Myers-Briggs Type Indicator including individual coaching and teamwork, OPQ32 , The Highlands Ability Battery , Realise 2 Strengths Finder, MTQ 48 (Mental Toughness Questionnaire), Wave Personality Questionnaire
- Diana recently completed a course in Neuroscience for Coaches through the Association of Coaching.
We have worked with clients from different backgrounds and sectors including:
- Alliance Boots
- Audit Scotland
- BAE Systems
- Barclays Bank
- Black Rock
- Cairn Energy
- Citi Group
- City of Edinburgh Council
- Deloitte UK
- Edinburgh Napier University
- Edinburgh University
- Franklin Templeton
- Glasgow Caledonian University
- Harvey Nichols
- Heineken UK
- HM Forces
- Lloyds Banking
- Morton Fraser
- Scottish Government
- Scottish Widows
- Standard Life
- State Street
- Tesco Bank